Thursday, September 20, 2012

McKinley's Nursery

McKinley's room was so much fun to design and decorate!  It had been a while since I started from scratch and did a nursery:)  I knew I wanted to do something cool on the walls like wainscoting!  I blogged about the steps to wainscoting a few weeks ago.  http://www.paperchicgal.blogspot.com/2012/09/waynes-coating-in-nursary.html

With the bottom of the room being white I wanted to go with a dark color on the top, so I choose brown... I love it!  I also really struggled with what to put on the walls since the wainscoting goes about 5 feet up and only leaves about 3 feet on top.  I searched the area for letters that I could decorate!  I painted the M.  I bought the C from Hobby Lobby.  I hot glued buttons on the K.  I modge podged fabric on the I.  I modge podged scrapbook paper on the N.  I painted the L.  I covered the E in yarn.  I modge podged fabric on the Y.  This project took a while but I loved how it turned out and it was perfect for the wall space I had to work with!
My mom was great and made the quilt, bed skirt and sewed the fabric on the Target curtains.  We went to about every fabric place known in our area and collected the cutest fabrics!
I coped the bow picture frame off of pinterest... http://pinterest.com/pin/126804545727651169/



















Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment